The name Blackwell has been associated with bookselling since Benjamin Henry Blackwell opened his bookshop at
48-51 Broad Street, Oxford in April 1879. Since then the retail company he founded has grown into a nationwide chain
of bookshops serving the academic, professional and specialist markets.
At Blackwell UK Ltd we are proud of our traditions and history but are always looking to our future. It is the expertise,
talent and passion of our employees that makes us the leading academic bookseller in the UK.
Bookseller, Support staff and Shop Manager Positions
Our quest to find talented people who can provide exceptional customer service is at the forefront of our minds when we are recruiting.
We're looking for people who are fully motivated and passionate about books.
Head Office Opportunities
Our head office and warehouse are based in Oxford and offer a wide range of roles in sales and support functions.
Blackwell UK Ltd is fully committed to fairness and diversity in the workplace and respects individuality.
Broad Street, Oxford
£22,000 - £26,000
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of marketing activity across the business.
This is an exciting time of growth and development within Blackwell’s who are rolling out innovative new bookselling solutions within their decentralised retail model.
This broad marketing role offers an excellent opportunity for someone looking for the next step up in their career, and is a fantastic chance to join this long established and highly regarded specialist retailer.
Skills and Experience
- Working as part of a close knit team to deliver integrated Marketing activity appropriate to the business needs.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including shops, central support colleagues, suppliers and agencies.
- Support the business in driving sales and footfall through promotions and point of sale material.
- Deliver integrated communications and marketing campaigns both offline and online.
- Work with individual shops to manage and deliver specific Marketing support requirements such as posters, leaflets, communications, PR and email campaigns.
- Work with design agencies, print providers and other suppliers to provide cost effective and quality point of sale material.
- Contributing to, and developing marketing plans and strategies.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager and contribute to the annual marketing plan.
- Monitoring competitor activity & evaluating marketing campaigns.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a promotional Marketing role.
- Strong communication skills, able to work within multi-functional teams and build strong relationships with colleagues and team members.
- Accurate with high attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task.
- Experience within a B2C and also ideally B2B environment.
- Can effectively work under pressure and to brief in a fast past environment.
- Able to create campaign briefs and turn them into effective marketing campaigns.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
19th September 2014
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
37.5 per week
Due to career progression we have an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong commercial and management skills for our Aberdeen shop.
The shop is located within the University of Aberdeen and has a turnover of £1.3m. Aberdeen has a thriving Corporate, Professional and Institute (B2B) Account sales business which itself accounts for more than 50% of the shop sales. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a strategy for your shop which ensures profitable sales growth.
The successful candidate will be an existing Manager, Sales Manager or experienced B2B manager looking for their first Shop Manager role.
Skills and Experience
- Consistently deliver all commercial KPI targets, which include sales, cost, profit, ACS and stock.
- Coach and support the shop team to deliver exceptional performance and to fulfil their individual potential.
- Consistently drive the B2B side of the business and develop all aspects of model B2B to their full potential.
- Ensure exceptional customer service across the shop customers and direct to universities and surrounding key academic and institutional customers.
- Developing the commercial and expert/specialist knowledge of your team.
- Deliver exceptional excellence in visual merchandising standards, product presentation and process management.
- Retail experience – at a management level.
- Experience of leading, motivating and coaching a team
- Experience of managing a budget
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong prioritising, analytical and organisational skills.
- Able to establish and build strong relationships internally and externally with a wide range of people.
- Personal energy and a positive “can do” attitude.
Email your CV and a covering letter to Darrell.email@example.com
19th September 2014