Careers with Blackwell UK Ltd
The name Blackwell has been associated with bookselling since Benjamin Henry Blackwell opened his bookshop at
48-51 Broad Street, Oxford in April 1879. Since then the retail company he founded has grown into a nationwide chain
of bookshops serving the academic, professional and specialist markets.
At Blackwell UK Ltd we are proud of our traditions and history but are always looking to our future. It is the expertise,
talent and passion of our employees that makes us the leading academic bookseller in the UK.
Bookseller, Support staff and Shop Manager Positions
Our quest to find talented people who can provide exceptional customer service is at the forefront of our minds when we are recruiting.
We're looking for people who are fully motivated and passionate about books.
Head Office Opportunities
Our head office and warehouse are based in Oxford and offer a wide range of roles in sales and support functions.
Blackwell UK Ltd is fully committed to fairness and diversity in the workplace and respects individuality.
Business Sales Manager - Corporate, Professional and Institutions
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong commercial skills to manage our CPI department.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the team, developing and delivering a strategy for liaising with all our customers and prospective clients to ensure continued profitable sales growth.
Skills and Experience
- Consistently deliver all commercial KPI targets, which include sales and profit targets
- Leading, inspiring and developing the CPI team to deliver exceptional performance and to fulfil their individual potential.
- Developing the commercial and expert/specialist knowledge of your team.
- Management of selected key accounts. Ensure exceptional customer service is delivered to all customers at all times.
- Sourcing and delivering new sales opportunities.
- Ensure all CPI processes are carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Hold professional meetings with existing and potential customers.
- Facilitate the shop and company CPI marketing plan.
- Experience of developing and implementing a local strategy, business plan and tactics.
- A record of business building and identifying and responding proactively to market/trading opportunities.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing a team to deliver success.
- Accountability for managing a significant budget and strong prioritising and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to establish and build strong relationships internally and externally with a wide range of people and institutions
- High levels of confidence and personal energy, a positive 'can do' attitude and able to thrive in a high profile role.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
17th May 2013