Careers with Blackwell UK Ltd
The name Blackwell has been associated with bookselling since Benjamin Henry Blackwell opened his bookshop at
48-51 Broad Street, Oxford in April 1879. Since then the retail company he founded has grown into a nationwide chain
of bookshops serving the academic, professional and specialist markets.
At Blackwell UK Ltd we are proud of our traditions and history but are always looking to our future. It is the expertise,
talent and passion of our employees that makes us the leading academic bookseller in the UK.
Bookseller, Support staff and Shop Manager Positions
Our quest to find talented people who can provide exceptional customer service is at the forefront of our minds when we are recruiting.
We're looking for people who are fully motivated and passionate about books.
Head Office Opportunities
Our head office and warehouse are based in Oxford and offer a wide range of roles in sales and support functions.
Blackwell UK Ltd is fully committed to fairness and diversity in the workplace and respects individuality.
Library and Credit Sales Bookseller/Mailorder Assistant
Broad St, Oxford
We wish to appoint a Library & Credit Sales Bookseller / Mail Order Assistant. The role is based in our flagship bookshop in Oxford, working 20-25 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organised and extremely motivated individual with a good business sense and the ability to exercise good judgment and initiative at all times. The appointed person will have exemplary customer service skills and a very professional manner.
The duties will include looking after a range of book supply requests, processing orders, looking after visiting librarians in a courteous and efficient manner, dealing with a wide variety of enquiries and requests over the telephone and in person, nurturing existing relationships with libraries and soliciting new library business.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Keith Clack highlighting the skills and experience that confirm your suitability for the post: Blackwell's Bookshop, 48-53 Broad Street, Oxford. OX1 3BQ. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
19th June 2013
Ground Floor currently incorporating Modern Fiction, Children's, Cookery, Non-book and Local
Broad St, Oxford
£17-23K, depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong commercial skills to manage our Ground Floor.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the team and developing and delivering an exciting and innovative customer offer.
As part of the management team of a flagship bookshop trading over 4 floors, you will be expected to have exceptional communication skills, to be able to use your own initiative and creativity, be organised and to contribute to the success of the shop as a whole.
Skills and Experience
- Ensure exceptional Customer Service is delivered consistently
- Lead, Inspire and develop the team
- Develop the commercial and expert/specialist bookselling knowledge of your team
- Manage the day to day running of the floor
- Deliver on all commercially agreed targets.
- Ensure exceptional standards of presentation are delivered
- Develop an exciting and interesting customer offer by recommending and showcasing exciting literature
- Deliver a front of shop offer which showcases the best of the whole shop.
- Deliver an inspiring children's offer which will engage our customers
- Retail Experience at a managerial level.
- Experience of implementing and developing a business strategy.
- A track record of identifying trends and responding to market opportunities
- High levels of energy and a positive 'can do' attitude
- Commercially astute, particularly in regard to the book trade.
- Depth of book knowledge
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
24th June 2013
Bookseller - Full time vacancies
Broad St, Oxford
We have vacancies for new booksellers to join our team at Blackwell's Bookshop, 48-51 Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BQ
Applicants should be able to work 37.5 hours per week, including some weekends.
If you are committed to providing excellent customer service, passionate about both books and people and excited about the possibility of working at the best bookshop in Britain, then we would welcome an application from you.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org